Front End Engineer – FTE -100% Remote
NLX is a conversational AI technology startup headquartered in New York City with team members in Seattle, San Francisco, and Berlin. We value excellence, authenticity, transparency, attention to detail, and collaboration. We are an asynchronous, remote team with daily check-ins across the company.
As a Front End Engineer at NLX, you will be reporting to the CTO. You will have the opportunity to help improve as well as create net new APIs for our NLX Studio platform and Voice Compass product based on ever-growing customer demand. This is a dynamic role that often works in tandem with the Project Manager.
Our work moves fast, and we work to agreed deadlines. We love self-directed workers who try to solve problems, put up their hand when they have trouble, and can articulate how they’ve attempted to solve issues as well as can indicate when and where they need support. We value transparency, communication, and community. We reward cooperation over competition.
Location: Remote, PDT, EST, and CST preferred
The ability to work in the EST-PDT time zone is required
- Elevate the Customer. We are customer centric in the way we conduct our business and the way we build our product. Our goal is to elevate the customer experience of our customers as well as theirs.
- Choose simplicity. Things tend to get over complicated. Take the time to step back and see the simpler solution.
- Be Brave. If a decision needs to be made, make it. Ask questions, make mistakes, try something different. If you are curious about something, take the time to dig into it. If you have something you want to say, say it.
- Keep it Open. Transparency is key and open communication is a great way to be transparent.
- Build an Inclusive Space. We can do more when we do it together. Make each other feel welcome. Make yourself approachable. We expect diverse experiences and value individual input. We give each other the space to be included.
- Independently drive the engineering of one of our single-page web applications
- Evolve codebase standards to guarantee the highest level of quality and availability
- Work closely with product owners, designers, and backend developers
- Participate in code reviews
We are open to both mid-level and senior candidates. Our preferred candidate will have a strong work ethic and the ability to design robust web applications solutions which they can then speak to…
- Communication: Strong communication skills, fluent in (written and spoken) English
- Work Style: Works well independently and in collaboration, especially for this asynchronous remote team. Strong attention to detail is expected.
- Professional Skills: Pride of authorship as well as accountability, reliability and ownership of work delivered.
- Platforms: Experience working on single-page applications using a modern frontend framework (Such as React.js, Vue, Svelte)
- Experience working with TypeScript
- Basic understanding of functional programming concepts relevant to frontend development
- Interest in UX design and accessibility, with competence to fill in the gaps on wireframes and design
- Experience working with styling frameworks and commitment to crafting beautiful web UI's
- Basic experience working with the AWS dashboard (optional)
- Competitive Pay
- 401k plan
- Stock Options
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for conferences
Interviewing at NLX
- Introductory call with NLX Recruiter, approximately 30 minutes
- Qualified candidates will be invited to a video interview to discuss role and technical fit with technical team members
- Finalist candidates will be invited to attend a remote interview with our CEO and CTO to discuss role fit and day to day responsibilities, expectations, and broader strategy
- All candidates are encouraged to try out and be ready to discuss our Voice Compass demo: experience.voicecompass.ai