NLX is a conversational AI technology startup headquartered in New York City with team members in Seattle, San Francisco, and Berlin. We value excellence, authenticity, transparency, attention to detail, and collaboration. We are an asynchronous, remote team with daily check-ins across the company.
As a Cloud Engineer at NLX, you will be reporting to the CTO. You will have the opportunity to help improve as well as create net new APIs for our NLX Studio platform and Voice Compass product based on ever-growing customer demand. This is a dynamic role that often works in tandem with a Frontend Engineer.
Our work moves fast and we work to agreed deadlines. We love self-directed workers who try to solve problems, put up their hand when they have trouble, and can articulate how they’ve attempted to solve issues as well as can indicate when and where they need support. We value transparency, communication, and community. We reward cooperation over competition.
Location: Remote, PDT, EST, and CEST preferred
The ability to work in the EST-PDT time zone is required
- Owns new features that support our platform
- Works with the Project Manager to understand client KPIs, pain points, and expectations
- Supports creation of new serverless APIs that interact with our NLX Studio platform
- Coordinates with the Frontend team for the design and implementation of new features
- Conducts QA with the internal team before deploying to production
- Iterates with feedback from client and other stakeholders
We are open to both mid-level and senior candidates. Our preferred candidate will have a strong work ethic and the ability to architect scalable cloud solutions which they can then speak to. Direct work experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a must as well as a good understanding of best practices for security and scalability.
- Communication: Strong communication skills, fluent in (written and spoken) English
- Work Style: Works well independently and in collaboration, especially for this asynchronous remote team. Strong attention to detail is expected.
- Professional Skills: Pride of authorship as well as accountability, reliability and ownership of work delivered.
- Platforms: 1+ year experience using Amazon Web Services
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate or higher
- Development experience with horizontally scaling systems design
- Understanding of application, server, and network security
- Development experiences using AWS services such as CloudFormation, ECS, API Gateway, Lambda, and DynamoDB
- Competitive Pay
- 401k plan
- Stock Options
- Insurance – Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible working hours
- Work from home
- Paid time off and holidays
- Reimbursement for conferences
Interviewing at NLX
- Qualified candidates emailed and invited to video interview to discuss role fit
- All candidates are encouraged to try out and be ready to discuss our Voice Compass demo: experience.voicecompass.ai
- Finalist candidates will be selected to attend a remote interview with our CEO and CTO to discuss role fit and day to day responsibilities, expectations, and broader strategy